A handy guide to online privacy
- If you don’t keep it, they can’t get it — destroy unnecessary records,
- If you do keep it, protect it with file encryption and strong passwords — if you don’t know how, use a service like Cloud Drive,
- Encrypt your Internet communications to prevent interception,
- Use anonymising tools like Tor when you’re online,
- Always delete your providers’ copies of emails and voicemails as soon as you can access them,
- Only pass data to people and organisations which you trust,
- Never download or accept files from unknown sources.
Note: ‘They’ refers to bad guys, whom ever they may be.