Agent, Web App, and Outlook Plugin version: 2.5.1
It’s release time! This version brings you some new features, security enhancements, and bug fixes.
New features and improvements
- Organisation administrators can now unlock a user account that is locked due to failed password attempts.
- Drag and drop functionality is now available to all users in the My Files tab of the end user web portal.
- Sync and registration events are now logged in agent log files and viewable in the Windows Event Viewer and the OS X Console.
- Groups can now be created and managed through our API(v2).
- Auto-generated passwords now force the user to reset the password upon initial log in.
- Password reset confirmation notification now displays as expected.
- Password reset links will now expire upon modification of account settings.
- Forgot Password and Two-Step Recovery notification messaging is now generic.
- Improved log formatting is now available for agent and Outlook add-in logs.
- Permission errors related to mapped folders are now visible in the agent user interface.
- German language translation corrections have been implemented.
- Share links now display the organisation name for the user initiating the share.
- File change activity through WebDAV will now display as WebDAV in the Activity Log.
- Web activity log time-stamps, file names, and order of events are now enhanced.
- Apache, OpenSSL, mod_wsgi, bitrock, and QT frameworks are now updated for security and stability improvements.
- Custom session handling class is now replaced with Flask.
- Agent overlays no longer cause Windows Explorer to crash in certain conflicting Windows 7 or 8 environments.
- Agent database resets no longer trigger file conflicts to overwrite remotely.
- Agent service now properly starts automatically.
- Empty folder structures no longer sync down when deselecting folder(s) through the Selective Sync feature.
- Empty folders now properly remain deleted.
- Agent no longer goes into an error state when handling outdated revisions in certain instances.
- Agent no longer sends unexpected delete events to the Nimbox platform when re-selecting an entire root via the Selective Sync GUI.
- Agent now properly syncs files that are renamed while syncing down.
- Files are no longer reverted to an older version as a result of a deviation error.
- The Two-Step Authentication organisation policy now properly redirects to the web when configuration is required.
- Download count now increases when folders are downloaded as zip files.
- Users can now upload revisions through the web for content they have previously locked.
- The Secure Share dialog tooltip now functions properly.
- The System Tray icon overlay now properly refreshes when all conflicts have been resolved.
- The application icon in the OS X Finder toolbar now properly loads and unloads.
- The OS X Conflict Resolution dialog now properly exists in the foreground.
- Restore paths are now properly created on OS X.
- Outlook Add-in bug fixes.
We hope that you dig this release as much as we do. As always, if you encounter any problems after this update, please clear your browser cache or log out and log back in. If you experience issues with a desktop client, close the program, and then re-start it.