Notice: Trying to get property 'name' of non-object in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\devsite.nimbox.co.uk\wp-content\plugins\helpie\features\components\breadcrumbs\breadcrumbs-model.php on line 151
When sending or receiving share links, or when working in the web portal, you can quickly view dozens of file types without leaving the Vault web browser.
Using Vault’s fully integrated Web Preview tool, you can access advanced viewing functionality without downloading content or navigating away from the system.
You can use the Web Preview tool to:
- Preview share links in a web browser
The Web Preview tool allows you to preview content sent through share links. When a recipient clicks to open a share link, he or she will have the option to view the item on the web without needing to download the shared content.
- Preview content when working in the web portal
With the Web Preview tool, you can preview your own content from the web portal without needing to download it to a local machine. This feature is particular useful in situations when you only want to store and manage Team Share content in the web portal, rather than sync it down to a registered agent.
In these ways, the Web Preview tool delivers significant value, as it reduces storage and bandwidth requirements, and enhances collaboration options between internal and external colleagues.
Content can be viewed within the Web Preview tool, which is available in all Vault-supported operating systems and web browsers. For supported file types, please reference the Supported Formats section below.
How to enable or disable the Web Preview tool:
- In the appropriate organisation, click the Settings tab. The Organisation Settings page displays, showing the General tab.
- Click the Policies tab. The Organisation Policies section displays.
- In the Organisation Policies section of the page, you will see organisation policies that were configured when the organisation was created. Use the Enable Web Previewcheckbox to toggle on or off the Web Preview tool.
How to use the Web Preview tool in the web portal:
- In the Files tab of the web portal, navigate to the file that you want to view.
- Right-click the file and select View; or, simply click the title of the file.
The file will open in the fully integrated Web Preview tool.
- Use advanced functionality to view the file, as outlined in the Advanced Functionality section below.
- Click the View link to access advanced viewing options.
- Click the Thumbnail button to see a list of all pages in the file.
- Click the Magnifier button, and then drag your cursor, to see a close-up view of a specific area in the file.
- Click the Rectangle Zoom button to zoom into a specific area in the file.
- Click the Rotate Document button to rotate the entire file clockwise.
- Click the Rotate Page button to rotate the current page clockwise.
- Click the Zoom Out button to zoom out from the page.
- Click the Zoom In button to zoom in to the page.
Click the Search link to access advanced search options.
- Enter your term in the Search field.
- Optionally, click a Field Search checkbox to search for specific categories of information.
- Optionally, use the Parameter buttons to customize your search, including:
- Match an exact word or phrase
- Match a letter case
- Find whole words
- Find words that begin with certain characters
- Find words that end with certain characters
- Utilize wildcard search (* matches one or more characters; ? matches one character)
Use the cursor tools to highlight text or adjust your page view.
- Click the Select button to highlight and copy text.
- Click the Pan Tool button to adjust your view of the file.
Use additional advanced functionality to manage your file.
- Click the Print button to print the file to your local printer.
- Click the Download button to download the file to your local machine.
Supported image and file formats
|Document formats||DOC||Microsoft Word binary files|
|DOCX||Microsoft Word Open XML files|
|XLS||Microsoft Excel binary files|
|XLSX||Microsoft Excel Open XML files|
|PPT||Microsoft PowerPoint binary files|
|PPTX||Microsoft PowerPoint Open XML files|
|RTF||Rich Text Format|
|And more!||Many other older document formats|
|Web formats||HTML||HTML files with embedded images|
|SVG||Scalable Vector Graphics|
|Medical Image Files||DCM||Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) image|
|Email formats||EML||Email (with attachments)|
|MSG||Email (with attachments)|
|Other formats||TXT||Text files|
|CAD formats||DGN||Support for V7 and V8 DGN (including V8 XM and V8I)|
|DWG||Version 2.5 through 2014|
|DXF||Version 2.5 through 2014|
|Image formats||TIF||TIFF (all compression types)|
|GIF||Graphics Interchange Format|
|PNG||Portable Network Graphics|
|RAS||Sun Raster Image [.ras]|
|CAL||CALS Type 1|
|MIL||CALS Type 1|
|DIB||Device Independent Bitmap|
|BMP||Device Independent Bitmap|
|PCD||Kodak Photo CD|
|And more!||Many other formats|